Welcome to ‘Swayam,’ one of the leading and highly reputed Estate Agencies dedicated to provide the best possible ‘Sales’ and ‘Lettings’ services in the East London Area for the past 14 years. Managing over 200 properties across the East London, we are well positioned to offer Landlords professional property advisory and management services. What makes ‘Swayam’ different from other Estate Agents in the Area is our friendly and proactive approach to customers.

Our staffs are highly motivated, well trained and experienced, and possess an extensive knowledge of the area and an understanding of all aspects of the letting business.


Our marketing materials are made to a very high standard and are committed to integrate the latest in IT solutions with marketing expertise. We make sure all of our properties are marketed in the best possible way, to ensure properties to have the maximum exposure to find the right tenants.In addition to our own website, your property will also be featured with full details and a slide show of photos on all the major UK Property websites.

High Street Presence

We are based in a prominent High Street Location, vitally important in giving your property a higher rate of exposure and gaining maximum customer enquiries.

Moreover, we are open six days a week with extended opening hours and evening appointments. All our appointments are accompanied by a member of our staff.

In addition to all of the above, we still use the traditional marketing method of putting a  ‘TO LET’ Board outside the property which generates a lot of interest and enquiries.


We work very closely with Blue Chip Companies who are regularly searching for accommodation for their new recruits and relocating staffs.


Every tenant has to go through our vetting procedures including:
• Full Credit Check;
• Previous Landlord Reference Check;
• Employer Check;

Tenant has to provide:

• ID – Passport / Driving License;
• Proof to demonstrate the affordability to pay rent;
• 3 months Bank Statement;
• Payslips; (income must be shown on the Bank Statement);
• Landlord Reference and
• Employer Reference.
Once the tenant has been fully vetted, we will contact you to pass the tenant’s details.
The final decision has to come from you. We will only finalise your tenants with your consent. Regardless of which scheme you choose, we carry out the same vetting process for the tenants.



We use an independent Inventory Company, “The landlords & Tenants Inventory Company Ltd” to complete the inventory so that the report will be fair and non-biased.
Initial Inventory cost is met by the tenant and if a check out inventory is needed at the end of the tenancy then the landlord is liable for the cost.

We will have a fully written and photographic account of all items in the house. Once completed, a soft copy of the report will be emailed to you as well as the tenant.

Under the terms of the tenancy agreement, the tenant is required to return the property and contents at the end of the tenancy in the same condition as they were at the commencement, reasonable wear and tear accepted. It is almost impossible to ascertain whether the damage was caused during the tenancy without a proper inventory.


All rent payments are made via bank transfers.  


The tenant will be responsible for the payment of all the utilities including gas, electricity, water, telephone, council tax and television license but not limited to, unless otherwise agreed and stated.As the landlord you are still responsible for the payment of service charges and ground rent in leasehold properties and buildings insurance on Freehold properties.

Safety Certificates & License to Let/Requirements and Safety Regulations:

It is the Landlord’s responsibility to provide us with valid safety certificates (Gas, Electric & EPC) before signing the Rental Agreement and also if the property is within London Borough of Newham, a copy of the license to let is also required prior to signing the agreement. We can arrange the above on your behalf if requested.

Energy Performance Certificate – EPC

If you rent out, buy, sell or build a property, you will need to get an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). An EPC rates the energy efficiency of a property. It is based on the building’s energy performance – for example, how much heat is lost through the roof.
An EPC also takes account of the property’s heating and lighting. EPC’s do not cover domestic appliance performance, like washing machines.
An EPC is valid for ten years – even if new tenants move into your property during that time. You should give a copy of your property’s current EPC to each tenant.

The Gas Safety Regulation 1988

You must arrange an annual maintenance check of gas pipe work, appliances and flues. This should be carried out by an approved engineer registered with the Gas Safe Register on an annual basis.
You should keep inspection records for at least two years and give copies of the reports to your existing tenants within 28 days of each inspection. You should also give copies to new tenants before they move in.

The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulation 1994

You are required to carry out regular inspections of fixed electrical installations, such as sockets and light fittings, every five years. You should also arrange, at least once a year, for a qualified electrician to carry out a portable appliance testing (PAT) safety test on any portable electrical equipment you provide for tenants, for example kettles. The PAT tester will give you a dated certificate and put stickers on the plugs of appliances to show that they are safe.

The Furniture and Furnishing (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1993)
It is an offence to let a property containing furniture and soft furnishing which do not comply with the above Regulations.

Smoke Detectors

From June 1992 all new homes must be fitted with mains operated smoke detectors.

Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
Section 11 – 16 of the above mentioned Act state that you must keep in repair and good working order:

• the structure and exterior of the property (including the drains, gutters and down pipes) in good order and repair

• the installations for the supply of water, gas and electricity and space heating and hot water and;

• sanitation including basins, sinks, baths and sanitary conveniences



If the landlord has a mortgage, it is normal for mortgagees to require notification of any proposed lettings and the landlord should seek their initial consent. In the case of leasehold premises the consent of the Head Lessee of Freeholder will be required.


It is essential that the Landlord informs their insurance company of their intention to let their property. Failure to do so could render the insurance policy void. The Landlord should obtain details from their insurers as to the nature and extent of the cover required. We recommend you arrange for your insurance policy to cover contents, loss of rent and legal expenses.

Advice is available within the office, as a separate service. You should bear in mind that the income earned from letting your property will be subject to UK tax whether you are resident in the UK or overseas, and must be reported on your self-assessment form. Further information can be found at


We collect a deposit from the tenant to safeguard against damages and will take on the responsibility of protecting the deposit via a government approved Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme. At the end of the tenancy we will inspect the property and the costs of any work attributed to the tenant will be deducted from the deposit. Any disputes will be referred to the dispute resolution service of the Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme used.



Refine your search (Sale)
Price (£): to
Refine your search (Rent)
Price (£): to